Sunday, November 20, 2011

Two Great Cat Books for Future Use

Ellen and Joann both told me about a cute cat book they used for their respective storytime groups.


The first one is Pete the Cat: I love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin. The story is about a cat who takes a walk in his white shoes, but as he steps in different things (ie: water, strawberries, etc.) his white shoes change colors to reflect what he's been in. There's also a song refrain "I love my ___ shoes" for each color.



The other book is called Cookie's Week by Cindy Ward, which is about a cat named Cookie who gets into all sorts of trouble every day of the week. It's a good book to introduce days of the week. Joann used it for her two-year-olds, so even though they didn't get the days of the week, they really loved Cookie and the chaos he got himself in to.


No comments:

Post a Comment